4/03/2009

I wasn't going to post again this morning (Lord knows a month hasn't passed yet since my last post!. This morning's Writer's Almanac forced my hand. Here are the last two stanzas of Lies My Mother Told Me, by Elizabeth Thomas.

It is bad luck to kill a moth. Moths are
the souls of our ancestors and it just
might be Papa paying a visit.
If you kiss a boy on the mouth
your lips will stick together
and he'll use the opportunity
to suck out your brains.
If you ever lie to me
God will know
and rat you out.
And sometimes
God exaggerates.
Trust me —
you don't want that
to happen.


Now back to last minute laundry!

posted at 9:07 AM

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


[listening: noah and the whale]
[reading:life together]
[watching: weeds]
[project: stuff]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from feelingismutual. Make your own badge here.


sept 8-12-- okdhs academy
sept 26-- kelsey's birthday
sept 28-- my birthday

Previous Posts


my shop
my space
my flickr


lecirage at yahoo.com









©2001-2008 by feeling is mutual design. Ã bas le cirage!